*If you need English subtitles for this title, please purchase the on-demand version from Vimeo.
The father of KARATE – Gichin Funakoshi’s time-honoured form fully depicted. Long kepr away,the 1956 thirty five m/m movie of the fearless youth of Japan Karate Association’s founding members led by the greatest master Masatoshi Nakayama has been completely restored and at long last released video form.
Performer: G.HUnakoshi, M.Nakayama, K.Ito, Y.Kase, T.Okazak, H.Nishiyama, H.Kanazawa, many other demonstrators
Part 1. Introduction of KARATE-DO
- Whatis KARATAE-DO
- About the KARATE tournament.
- The KARATE which FUNAKOSHI GICHIN passed down.
- From Japan to the World
Part 2. Selfdefense
- What is KARATE-DO
- Defense and Attack forms
- Throwing techniques
- Practice exercise(KANKU-SHO)
- Defense from the Floor-sitting position
- Defense from the Chair-sitting position
- Defense Against Surprise attack
- Defense Against Pistol
- Defense Against Club attack