- Each Customer is entitled to register 1 account.
3: Managing password
- Members are entirely responsible for maintaining and managing the password created at the time of account registration on the Site.
- Transferring, selling, or lending your password is strictly prohibited.
- CHAMP cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from member’s failure or illicit use of the password by a 3rd party. Any and all activity that occurs under a member’s account, through the use of the password for the account, will be considered a valid activity made by the member.
4: Member’s registered information
- Member’s registration information is owned by CHAMP and identifiable information (name, address, phone number, e-mail address) will not be disclosed outside of CHAMP, except for what is needed by the consignees to fulfill the Service and when the member gives permission to disclose such information.
- Regardless of the above, for the following cases, part or all of member’s registration information may be disclosed or presented without the applicable member’s permission:
(1) When CHAMP determines that it is damaging to CHAMP, other members, or a 3rd party, it will be disclosed or presented to the police or related authorities.
(2) When the police, court, Public Prosecutor’s Office, Bar Association, Consumer Center, or any other authoritative institution requires disclosure or presentation of the registration information and CHAMP deems it fit to comply.
(3) When CHAMP deems it fit to disclose.
- CHAMP forbids falsifying any of the information required during account registration.
- A member should promptly take appropriate action when there are any changes to the registration information.
5: Revocation of member eligibility
- If any of the following apply, CHAMP may, without prior notice or consent, terminate your member registration.
(2) If CHAMP finds that the member information was willfully falsified on surveys taken either at the time of enrollment or later.
(3) If the password was used illicitly or allowed a 3rd party to use it.
(4) If there was an activity that is not approved by CHAMP.
(5) If there was an activity that is deemed inappropriate by CHAMP.
- When CHAMP revokes member eligibility, it includes all the privileges the member has with CHAMP.
When a member wants to withdraw the membership with CHAMP, a specific cancellation process must be completed and upon completion of the process, the membership is dissolved. In such case, the member is responsible for confirming the cancellation notice from CHAMP sent to the e-mail address on file.
7: Prohibited to use outside of personal use
Unless approved by CHAMP (if there is a 3rd party that holds the rights to applicable information, approval from the 3rd party must also be obtained through CHAMP), the Customers may not reproduce, sell, publish, or otherwise use any information obtained through CHAMP beyond what would be considered personal use.
8: Prohibited activities
- CHAMP forbids the following activities or activities that may be related to the following activities:
(2) Violation of public order and standards of decency
(3) Criminal activities
(4) Unlawful activities
(5) Infringement of copyrights or other intellectual property rights of CHAMP, other customers, or a 3rd party.
(6) Infringement of assets or privacy of CHAMP, other customers, or a 3rd party.
(7) Activities that may be abusive, slanderous, or damaging to CHAMP, other customers, or a 3rd party.
(8) Actions that may hinder CHAMP’s operations, such as of this Site, or damage trust in CHAMP.
(9) Falsifying information on surveys, including member registration, given by CHAMP.
(10) Sending or writing harmful computer programs.
(11) Unauthorized use of an account ID or password.
(12) Any other actions deemed inappropriate by CHAMP.
9: Changes to the regulations
10: Interruption and termination of Service
- CHAMP may interrupt or terminate its Service, either partially or entirely, without notice or approval, under the following conditions:
- CHAMP cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the Customers due to the above-mentioned situations.
(1) during routine maintenance or renewal of the Site or in case of an emergency.
(2) it becomes impossible to continue the operation of the Site due to fire, loss of power, natural disaster, or any other unforeseeable circumstances.
11: Modification and termination of Service
- CHAMP reserves the right to modify or terminate Services offered on the Site without notice or approval.
- CHAMP cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the Customers due to the modification or termination of Services as mentioned above.
12: Termination of Service
CHAMP may interrupt the Services on the Site with a certain amount of advance notice.
13: Use of personal information
CHAMP processes Customer’s personal information it collects in the following manner.
- The purpose of using Customer’s personal information is as follows:
(1) managing members
(2) sale of products and services
(3) shipping and delivery of products
(4) offering warranty and after-services (including Customer inquiries)
(5) information analysis (analysis of Customer base)
(6) offering information about new products and services and conducting surveys
- CHAMP will not disclose, leak, or offer its Customer’s personal information, except for the following cases:
(1) Disclosure of Customer’s name and address to the shipping company or if there is a need for such information by CHAMP or CHAMP’s consignee to fulfill a contractual commitment.
(2) When submission of Customer information is required by the court or other judicial branch or government institution, in accordance with the law.
(3) When there is a need to protect the assets and rights of CHAMP, its associated companies, the Customers, or a 3rd party.
(4) In order to prevent loss or damage to CHAMP and its associated companies in case of a dispute between Customers or a 3rd party.
(5) The Customers can choose whether to provide CHAMP with their personal information, such as name and address. However, failure to provide such information may result in CHAMP’s inability to provide Service.
(6) After a Customer submits applicable personal information to CHAMP, the Customer can request to have the information disclosed through an official process of presenting a form of personal identification (name, address, phone number, etc.) that can be used to verify Customer identify. Upon disclosure, if an error is found in the personal information, the Customer can request CHAMP for correction or deletion of the applicable information. To request disclosure, correction, or deletion, contact customer service, listed in the next item (7).
(7) Contact information for inquiries regarding personal information
CHAMP Co., Ltd.
14: About the Service
- How to obtain Service
The request to receive Service can be submitted on the Site.
- When to obtain Service
Orders are accepted 24 hours a day unless the Site is unavailable due to a routine server maintenance. CHAMP cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage in such cases.
- Listed prices
The listed prices include applicable taxes.
(1) The cost of shipping varies by product and destination.
(2) Shipping method can be selected at the bottom of the Check-out page. Some shipping methods are not available in certain areas and thus cannot be selected.
·Small Packet (Air)
·Small Packet (SAL)
·International Parcel Post (Air) *with tracking
·International Parcel Post (SAL) *with tracking
·Express Mail Service (EMS) *with tracking
·International ePacket *with tracking
(3) Some shipping methods are unavailable in certain areas, even if they appear “available” during shipping method selection.
In such cases, an alternate method will be assigned (shipping fees will be changed accordingly).
- Payment method
Payments for the Services must be made with a credit card.
- Fulfilment of contract
The sales contract of an order between the Customer and CHAMP is considered fulfilled when CHAMP ships the product to the Customer.
- Order confirmation
“Order confirmation” sent from CHAMP to the Customer via e-mail also serves as the receipt of sale.
- Delivery destinations
Delivery destinations are limited to the areas where the products can be shipped from CHAMP.
- Delivery date
Normally, products are shipped within 1-2 weeks after the order is received. However, depending on the availability, it may be delayed.
(1) Orders can be canceled within 24 hours after they are placed. Contact the customer service listed on the Site to cancel your order.
(2) Unopened items can be returned, however, the Customer is responsible for paying the shipping charges. CHAMP will exchange a defective or wrong item with a correct one, only if contacted within 7 days of receiving the product. Please be careful when placing an order as cancellation, return, or refund for any other reason is not accepted.
(3) Irrespective of the claims in item (2) above, the following products are not subject to cancellation, return, or exchange:
·Opened or used products
·More than 7 days after the arrival of the product
·Products that have sustained damage after arrival
·Product with missing its original packaging (bag/case)
(4) CHAMP will pay any shipping fees associated with exchanging a defective or wrong item. Shipping fees associated with the requests for returns and exchanges due to Customer’s convenience/reasons will be paid for by the Customer.
Requests for refunds are not accepted. However, if it is somehow necessary for CHAMP to refund the Customer, the request will be processed in accordance with CHAMP’s designated procedures. The upper limit of the refund is the actual amount paid to CHAMP. If the Customer is unreachable or uncooperative and refuses to provide the necessary information, the refund request is void after 1 year from the day the request is granted by CHAMP and will not be paid beyond that time.
With the exception of the cases mentioned in the item (10), CHAMP does not offer any warranties against product defects.
(1) Some products have a limited availability and may actually be unavailable. In such case, the Customers will be notified via e-mail.
(2) Products are subject to change and may appear slightly different from the images on the Site.
(3) The product images on the Site are images of the actual products. However, depending on your monitor, some of the colors may appear differently from the actual product.
(4) CHAMP cannot and will not be liable for failure to receive e-mails from the Customers, failure for the Customers to receive e-mails from CHAMP, and failure for the e-mails to display properly.
(5) For an order with multiple items, if a part of the order is delayed, CHAMP may wait to ship the items until the entire order is ready.
(6) If there is an error in the product price or shipping fee on the Site, the Customer will be contacted with the correct prices for a chance to decide whether to proceed with or cancel the order. If the correct pricing is not satisfactory, the Customer can opt to cancel the order.
(7) Rarely, some media players fail to correctly play some DVD, DVD-R, or Blue-ray discs. If this occurs, try playing the disc on a computer. A disc will not be deemed defective if it can correctly be played on CHAMP’s standard household media players (several in possession) and computers (several in possession). A disc will not be considered defective on the basis of incompatibility between the disc and a media player. Parts of the video may appear shaky. This is due to the vibrations from the physical activity that is being recorded and not a defect.
- CHAMP shall not be held liable for any loss or damage sustained by the Customer or any 3rd party due to a delay or interruption of Services on the Site, regardless of the reason.
- CHAMP shall not be held liable for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information obtained through the Service on the Site.
- CHAMP shall not be held liable for any loss or damage sustained by the Customer through the use of the Service on the Site.
- In case of a dispute between Customers or between a Customer and a 3rd party regarding the information and Services offered through the Site, the Customer is liable to resolve such dispute on their own and will not involve CHAMP whatsoever.
- CHAMP shall not be held liable for any financial obligations, loss, or damage arising from commercial dealings between the Customer and any 3rd party through the Site.
- CHAMP shall not be held liable for problems arising from the disclosure of member registration information in accordance with Article 4, Item 2 and disclosure of customer information in accordance with Article 13, Item 2.
17: Agreement on jurisdiction
If a need for a lawsuit arises between CHAMP and the Customer regarding the Site, Tokyo District Court will be the exclusive jurisdictional court.
18: Governing law